Education is empowerment. There is no question that going through the home buying process is going to have many ups and downs and will be very stressful, especially if you are a first time home buyer.
Most of this nervousness and excitement is completely normal and unavoidable. The rest of the anxiety can be completely removed by educating yourself about the home buying process.
Here’s a quick overview of the process:
Do Your Research and Set Expectations
The very first step is putting your expectations in check. Buying a home is a very significant business decision and, if you have the ability to do so, should be treated as a business transaction, with considerable personal gain once successful.
By doing your research, understanding even only the basics, and surrounding yourself with a great team that communicates, you have everything on your side that you can possibly have. Trust your research so that “next step” is not a surprise to you.
Click on Step to see Timelines and Details
- Step 1: Get Pre-Approved for Mortgage
- Step 2: Get Approved for Buyer Assistance
- Step 3: 10 Commandments for Pre-Approval Preservation
- Step 4: Online Home Search Warning | What’s Real, What’s Not?
- Step 5: Interview and Hire Your Home Buying Team
- Step 6: Secret to Narrowing Down Your Search to only the Best Homes
- Step 7: Making Offers as a Pre-Approved Home Buyer
- Step 8: Offer Accepted, Now What?
- Step 9: Doc Signing | Funding | Recording
- Step 10: New Home Owner Checklist
- Must Read: How Agents and Loan Officers are Paid
Keep in mind that this is the educated opinion of the author (as is all online information) and it’s accuracy is to the best of our knowledge, any inaccuracies are unintentional.
We would appreciate your feedback if you feel any of this information needs to be updated. If you have any words of encouragement for those entering the home buying process, or if you have questions about the process that you would like answered, please contact us. Comments are welcome below!